Every year, lakhs of aspirants dream to get themselves admitted into some prestigious college and pursue their ambition to become an architect and fulfill their aspiration to build structures that the human eye can ever imagine of.
To get admitted into a prestigious college the student must clear the JEE Main. The exam has 3 papers:
- Paper 1 is for all engineering programs except architecture and planning programs.
- Paper 2 is for Architecture
- Paper 3 for Planning programs.
JEE Main paper 2 syllabus for B. Arch is something for the students that can give them a proper idea and knowledge to prepare efficiently for the exam and get admitted into their dream college. National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the registration for JEE Main 2020 at jeemain.nta.nic.in. A candidate can log into the site and apply for the exam. The last date to apply for JEE Main B.Arch is September 30, 2019, and the January attempt of the exam date is January 06 -11, 2020.
There are some changes that the candidates should know about. Especially the JEE Main 2020 B.Arch candidates should take note of various information from this article and get started for the preparation of the exam.
But before knowing the exact syllabus, an aspirant should know the important dates of some of the following events:
Mode of JEE Main: Only ‘part 3’ of the B.Arch paper is pen and paper-based. However other sections are totally online in nature.
Marking scheme: +4 for a correct answer and -1 for a wrong answer and no marks for unattempted
Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
Type of Questions: MCQ and Numerical Value Type questions (NVT).
Language of Exam: Hindi, English, and Gujarati (only for centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli).
The architecture exam of JEE Main will fundamentally comprises of three sections particularly – Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing Skills
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Eligibility for B.Arch
The candidates can check below the eligibility requirements for B.Arch:
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the exam.
Qualifying Exam and Year: Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent in the year 2018, 2019, or must be appearing for it in 2020.
Subjects in Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have studied at least 5 subjects in class 12 or equivalent.
SYLLABUS FOR APTITUDE TEST B.Arch
Aptitude Test Syllabus:
.Awareness of persons, places, buildings, materials, objects, texture related to architecture and build-environment.
.Visualizing three dimensional objects from two-dimensional objects
.Mental ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
- Three dimensional-perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color, texture, harmony, and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes
- Generation of plans, elevations and 3-D views of objects.
- Creating 2-D and 3-D views compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban shape(public space,market,festivals,street scenes,monuments,recreational spaces etc), landscape(river fronts,jungles,gardens,trees,plants, etc and rural life.
- Sets, Relations, Functions
- Complex Number and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequencers & Series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
Drawing Test Syllabus:
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.) and rural life.
- Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.